Thursday, March 31, 2016

Farmer Boy - DNF




This Month, March, I was supposed to read Farmer Boy, which is based on the childhood of Almanzo Wilder in the 1860s. I tried to read it, but could only get to chapter 30 before I stopped. I found it boring. I'm not entirely sure why.

I think the reason I could not finish this book, was because it was NOT SPECIFICALLY about Laura. We have all seen Melissa Gilbert growing up on the TV series as Laura. We all have a vested interest in her. Everyone else on the series was just a bystander with whom she acted and interacted. Almanzo Wilder was such a character. I have no vested interest in him.

 But I do want to know the details of Laura's life when she was growing up. Which is why I think I prefer to read those books that are about her.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry this wasn't a good reading experience for you, Francesca! Somehow I missed seeing your review until now! Thanks for linking to the Read-Along! Hopefully, you will enjoy On the Banks of Plum Creek!

    ReplyDelete