Saturday, October 10, 2015

Women's Classic Literature Event




And inside the Big Classics challenge we are today being introduced to a new smaller challenge.

The Women's Classic Literature Event. This will run from now until 31 December 2016

The idea is to read any classics WRITTEN BY WOMEN and published BEFORE 1960.

These are the details

There are no set number of books to be read. You can read one book and study it in depth or you can read several books all by one female author or you can read a mix of books by women authors.

I'm going to have to think about which female author or authors I want to read.

I'll get back to you on that one.

One Hour Later

Having looked over my E-books, I have 2 collections written by women that I would love to read - both of which are on my current classics list.

These are Katherine Mansfield of New Zealand who wrote a collection of short stories, and Agatha Christie who wrote numerous Detective mysteries.

Now while most people are familiar with Agatha Christie's most famous detective - the man from Belgium called Hercule Poirot, she also wrote several other detective series. One was Miss Marple which I never really got into precisely because the detective in question was an old lady and I am NOT THAT OLD. Not yet anyway!!

The other series was a short lived series called The Tommy and Tuppence Series. about a young couple who liked solving mysteries. This series I liked and I recently purchased the entire collection. I have never read the entire series so I think I will read these. Besides, this series is also set in the Golden age of the 1920s, one of the era's that I LOVE reading about.

So Yes I have decided to read the Tommy and Tuppence series by Agatha Christie.

2 comments:

  1. Tommy & Tuppence are my favourite Christie sleuths as well. I read them all in my early teens. I wonder how they would read now - 30 yrs later????

    Good luck :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete